This week we are featuring one of our third grade teachers, Mrs. Patching! Mrs. Patching's favorite subject in school was English. She enjoys spending time with her family at the lake on their...
Edgemont’s library is growing a storybook pumpkin patch and we need your help! Decorate a pumpkin to look like one of your favorite book characters and bring it to school to plant in our Storybook Patch! No carved or cut pumpkins!
- Think of your favorite book and design your pumpkin based on your favorite character from that book.
- Purchase a pumpkin that is NO larger than the size of a basketball.
- Gather decorating supplies. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors will run and spray paint will gradually dissolve. You can add materials like yarn, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
- Decorate your pumpkin without carving, cutting or poking holes into it.
- Bring your pumpkin to the library from Wednesday, October 23 to Friday, October 25.
- Take your pumpkin home on Friday, November 1st.
All pumpkins that are left behind will be thrown away by 4:00pm on November 1st. Participation is voluntary. This is not a contest. Each decorated pumpkin will earn the owner one prize. You will get the prize when you pick up your pumpkin! Have fun and be creative!