Edgemont's student council participated in a special leadership conference held at BYU. They met with other student councils from across the State, were inspired by great speakers like John Bytheway...
Edgemont’s library is growing a storybook pumpkin patch and we need your help! Decorate a pumpkin to look like one of your favorite book characters and bring it to school to plant in our Storybook Patch! No carved or cut pumpkins!
- Think of your favorite book and design your pumpkin based on your favorite character from that book.
- Purchase a pumpkin that is NO larger than the size of a basketball.
- Gather decorating supplies. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work best. Watercolors will run and spray paint will gradually dissolve. You can add materials like yarn, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
- Decorate your pumpkin without carving, cutting or poking holes into it.
- Bring your pumpkin to the library from Wednesday, October 23 to Friday, October 25.
- Take your pumpkin home on Friday, November 1st.
All pumpkins that are left behind will be thrown away by 4:00pm on November 1st. Participation is voluntary. This is not a contest. Each decorated pumpkin will earn the owner one prize. You will get the prize when you pick up your pumpkin! Have fun and be creative!