Last modified: December 13, 2019
- Who: 1st-6th Grades
- When: Thursday
- Time: 3:30-4:30
- Where: Maker Space
- Class Starts: January 9
- Instructor: Veronica Rascon
Our STEM Science class is a fun, engaging, hands-on class. Students are guided through each activity using the Scientific Method. ‘Scientists’ record their work in their science journals by describing the experiment, forming a hypothesis, and recording their observations. Some of the topics they have explored include:
- Science: Studying life on the International Space Station, studying bones (including decomposing bones), making volcanoes, slime and elephant toothpaste.
- Technology: Making stop-motion video, learning coding, exploring with Google Glasses and Makey Makey
- Engineering: Making marble mazes, bottle rockets and catapults
- Math: Giant Blokus game and making an abacus and learning how to use it.