Last modified: January 10, 2020
- Who: K-6th graders
- When: Tuesday
- Time: 3:30-4:30
- Where: Room #121
- Class starts: January 8
- Class instructor: Michael Salisbury
Come learn to play chess and practice your skills with your classmates. We will have a Chess Tournament toward the end of the school year after students have had a chance to learn and practice some techniques and strategies.
Some of the benefits of children learning to play chess include:
- Improves memory and concentration
- Enhances reading and math skills
- Fosters logic, critical thinking and creativity
- Encourages and rewards hard work
- I will play chess at Chess Club meetings. I will not participate in any other activity during this time.
- I will sign in when I arrive at Chess Club, and will stay until Chess Club is over. Permission from a parent or guardian is needed for early dismissal.
- I will treat the chess equipment with respect, put away my chess games, and pick up after myself.
- I will treat others with respect and follow rules of good sportsmanship.