Last modified: December 13, 2019
Before School Choir
- Who: 3rd-6th Grade
- When: Monday & Wednesday
- Time: 7:35-8:20am
- Where: Music Room #231
- Class Begins: January 13
- Christmas Concert: December 13
- Instructor: Kristin Goodwin
“Teach music and singing at school in such a way that it is not a torture but a joy for the pupil; instill a thirst for finer music in him, a thirst which will last for a lifetime.” –Zoltan Koda’ly
This group is the premiere musical group at Edgemont. They perform for several concerts (daytime and evening) as well as a district choir festival in March. With a wide variety of music and developing the choral ensemble sound, this is a wonderful opportunity.
Mission Statement: To develop a more joyful complete musicianship in each student enabling them to participate and contribute in a meaningful way as participants in (with musical literacy and skill) and consumers of quality music.
- Part Singing: two & three part harmony
- Reading parts from a combined score
- Listening and Blending skills
- Development of stylistic acuity
- Skill in following a choral director
- Ensemble and solo performance experience
Please print a copy of the Choir contract, then return the signed paper to Mrs. Goodwin.