Timpview Dance Company is hosting a Junior Clinic. See the attached flyer for more information! Timpview Dance Company está organizando una Clínica Junior. Consulte el folleto adjunto para...
Dear Edgemont Families,
We are ready for all of Edgemont students to start school tomorrow! It was so fun meeting you all last night. Please see below about the first day of school, pick up and drop off, parking, and other important information. We can’t wait to see you tomorrow!
Sincerely, Harmony Kartchner, Principal
Morning Student Drop Off and Afternoon Student Pick up:
Our drop off and pick up will run the same way it did last year. The drop off/pick up procedures are as follows, also check the map below:
** With all of the construction on Timpview Drive at Timpview High School and parking issues along Timpview Drive, it’s very important that students are not dropped off on Timpview Drive. Provo city will be ticketing cars double parked along this road. Please follow our drop off and pick up procedures using the instructions and map below.
- There are two lanes in the driveway. The right lane is for drop off and pick up. The left lane is a pull-through only.
- Students are dropped off and picked up along the sidewalk on the right hand side. They need to exit the right side of the car. If the doors are blocked on that side, the parent needs to get out of the car, open the door, and walk their child to the sidewalk.
- The pull through lane is pull through only, no parking or drop off and pick up. Cars in the pull through lane are continuously moving.
- All students wait on the sidewalk along the school to get picked up. No students will be allowed to wait on the sidewalk on the other side of the driveway.
- Do not drop off children in the parking lot! Park and walk your child across the parking lot and to the school.
- Cars with a handicap sticker or license plates should park in the handicap parking.
Our school doors will open at 8:35 am each day this year. All students arriving at school go to the back playground to play until the bell rings at 8:35 am. At 8:35 am all students line up on the back playground and wait for their teacher. There are designated spots for each class on the playground along the south side. Teachers come out to pick up students and walk them to the classroom when the bell rings.
If your child eats breakfast, they can enter the building through the grey cafeteria door in the front of the building. After they eat breakfast they exit that same door and go around to the back playground until the 8:35 am bell rings. If you need to enter the building before then, please make an appointment with the front office or your child’s teacher.
School hours are 8:40 am – 3:20 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:40-1:30 pm Fridays. Please help your children be on time for school each day.
School Office Hours:
Our School Office hours are from 8:30-3:30 Monday-Friday. If you need assistance before or after that please call for an appointment.
At the end of the day students exit the school building out of specific doors depending on how they get to and from school. Our teachers will be escorting students to each exit location and making sure they head home after school. Walkers will exit out the back doors to the playground, bike riders exit out the east and west exits by the bike racks, and car and bus riders exit out the front doors.
First Day of School:
The first day of school for grades 1st – 6th will be August 18, 2021. The first day of school for Kindergarten will be August 25, 2021.
Follow us on our social media and website to keep up with the latest information.
Facebook: @EdgemontElementary Instagram: edgemont_elementary Twitter: @edgemonteagle