This week we are featuring one of our third grade teachers, Mrs. Patching! Mrs. Patching's favorite subject in school was English. She enjoys spending time with her family at the lake on their...
Students at Edgemont have the opportunity to learn in a French Immersion or STEAM classroom. This chart illustrates the two learning tracks we offer and what proficiencies and projects students will participate in for each grade level.
- Speaks single words, multiple words, short phrases.
- Writes a modest number of words or phrases in context.
- Speaks creating with language in single sentences.
- Writes in sing sentences
- Speaks in intelligible sentences most of the time.
- Writes creating strings of sentences.
- Speaks maintaining simple conversations.
- Writes to create sentences of familiar topics.
- Speaks to satify basic social and academic neads.
- Writes mirroring oral language in present time.
- Speaks of personal topics using more complex sentences.
- Writes to express elementary needs.
- Designing Shelters
- Designing a Trash Collection System
- Feather Tower
- Engineering Beanstalks
- Magnet Cars
- Sustaining Bees using Native Plants
- Improving a Playdough Process
- Hand Polinators
- Erosion in Rivers
- Solar Ovens
- Worm Habitats
- Straw Rocket Launchers
- Water Filters
- Designing Windmills
- Slick Solutions, Oil Spills
- How to Stop Erosion
- MagLev Trains
- Create Your Own Circuit
- Solar System Scale
- Designing an Ecosystem
- Insulated House Heat Transfer
Special thanks to Josh Hammari for graphic design